I’m a fan of purpose-driven efforts. I’m a fan of companies and individuals that provide meaningful, valuable, and impactful products, services, and information, that lead a movement and continue pursuing dreams to set the bar higher and higher. Some of these successful brands have inspired the OPEN DOOR brand.
Below are some of my favorite brands that have influenced the creation of the OPEN DOOR.
- KIND Snacks – A snack food company with a mission to make the world a little kinder, one act at a time.
- Tom’s Shoes & other One for One® businesses that help people in need with every product purchased.
- IDEO.org – A non-profit organization created to address poverty-related challenges and improve the lives of people in poor and vulnerable communities through design.
- Legal Zoom – An online company making legal help available to everyone.
- Southwest Airlines – A low-cost, reliable, and friendly airline carrier connecting people to what’s important in their lives.
And while coming up with the concept for the OPEN DOOR, I found these noteworthy websites providing similar content in markets around the world.
- Auckland Design Manual – A website created by the Auckland Council dedicated to supporting people through the design and construction phase of projects in New Zealand.
- House Planning Help – A website helping people build better homes in the UK.
“When you’re surrounded by people who share a passionate commitment around a common purpose, anything is possible.” Howard Schultz, CEO of the Starbucks
I’d love to hear your thoughts on these brands and any other purpose-driven brands with noteworthy causes. Feel free to share them in the comments below.